Ragging is strictly prohibited in COER campus. In order to avoid any incident arising by ragging; anti-ragging squads have been established in college which keep strict vigilance on the COER campus.
"Ragging is prohibited as per the decision of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in Writ Petition no. (C) 656/1998"
Students are advised not to indulge in any such event. Any student if found guilty will have to face serve consequences, which could go to the extent of expulsion from the college & penal action as may be called for in terms of law.
As per the directions of Hon'ble Supreme Court, it is mandatory for all the students of B.Tech/MBA/MCA to submit the affidavit signed by students & his/her parents and the Performa as specified by the court.
PUNISHMENT FOR RAGGING
1. Cancellation of Admission.
2. Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
5. Withholding result
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national and international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
7. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
8. Rustication from institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
10. Collective punishment: when the person committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
IN ANY EMERGENCY CONTACT TO: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org