Career Development Cell (CDC)
Training and Placement Policies
- To participate in placement activities students should register their names by submitting their details as per the prescribed format given by Department of Career Development Cell. Those who didn’t register will not be allowed to sit in any of the placement drive. Each student who is willing for placement has to join profiling /assessment activity to be organised by CDC.
- Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement, and submit their denial in writing with the department.
- To have better placement ratio in the placement drives, department will organize special training sessions for the students wherein punctuality & sincerity will be generally expected from the students. Those who are absent for two consecutive days without notice/approval shall be debarred from the training session.
- Students will be allowed to have maximum two job offers. However, placed Students will be allowed to appear for the company giving higher package.
- A part from package, students who are placed in a non-core company of respective course/branch will be permitted to participate in core companies of their respective course/branch.
- Once registered for any placement drive, students have to appear for the drive otherwise they will not be allowed to sit for upcoming companies.
- Students who will not attend their regular classes or having less than 75% attendance and non completion of their final project will not be allowed to sit in any of the drive.
- The eligibility criteria imposed by the visiting company will be the final.
- Department placement coordinator is the single point of contact for the concerned department Students. For all kinds of clarifications & communications (such as registration for placement assistance, updating the database, etc.,) should be executed through the concerned department placement coordinator and will be reported to Career Development Cell.
- Students have to submit their updated resumes to Career Development Cell at the start of their 3rd year and it will be the responsibility of the student to update their resume timely and submit that updated resume in Career Development Cell.
- Students attending campus interviews should adhere to the following instructions,
(a) Report at the venue of pre-placement talk and interview as per the instructions.
(b) Students should carry minimum 5 copies of their resume, photocopies of all Original certificates, 5 pass port size photographs a document folder & any decent pen.
(c) A student in casual dress will not be allowed for the PPT/Recruitment Process.
- Students should be seated in the venue 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the PPT or 5 minutes before in case of virtual drive.
- Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details, date of joining etc. must be sought from the companies during PPT or interview.
- Students must be in college uniform whenever they participate in any interaction with any company. CDC reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the placement drive, if they do not dress up in college uniform. Students are expected to know the norms for college uniform.
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements / notices / updated information / shortlisted names etc. in the notice boards of Placement /Department Notice Board.
- LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST / GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behaviour in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute's name, will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (Test / GD / Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- The copy of the offer letter is required to be submitted in the placement office.
- After accepting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time during the year, he/she must inform the company concerned through the TPO immediately.
Career Development Cell