Library at a glance
- College of Engineering Roorkee library is an integrated knowledge resource for central and departmental libraries, there is an Open Access Catalogue for students, faculty and staff members it is spreads in an area of 1120 sq mtr. The library is located in a separate floor with mezzanine flooring situated very close to the Administration block. The collection includes more than 45700 books, 131 journals and magazines on various disciplines and E-Journals through Springer- 740, DELNET-1380 and J-gate-more than 2000. The collection of books include documents covering a wide range of subjects from English literature, pure sciences, arts, history and social sciences, languages etc. for several reputed publishers .
- COER college has local chapter and study center for NPTEL.1481 videos courses are available in Central Library along with multimedia PCs.
- The library is automated, and has a spacious reading hall and Exclusive with rich references collection like Dictionary Encyclopedia Britannica, self help books, Rare books, GATE , GRE and Competitive booksand other reference material.
- Question papers of University and sessional, Ph.D Thesis , institute Publications and research papers are also available in this section.
- The reading area can accommodate around 200 users at any point of time. Central Library holding also include dissertations and project report of final year students.
- The library also provides access to internet as well as CD/DVD based electronic resources.
- A visitor’s book is maintained for students and staff.New arrivals of books and journals are displayed on separate stands and racks.
- Library has adequate number of newspapers like The Hindu, Time Of India,Hindustan Times,Indian Expess The Economic Times,Business Standard,Business Line Amar Ujala, Danik Jagran ,Emplyoment news etc available for students and faculties.
- Security of resources is ensured through a system of checking at the exit point for all resources borrowed by the users. Visitors are also required to sign noting the time of entry and exit. CCTV Cameras are installed in the library for strict surveillance.
- Various competitive study materials like books on core subjects and previous year papers for GATE, TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, NET of reputed publishers are also available for reference and issuing purpose.
- Provision for Printing/Scanning/Downloading of the study materials as per requirements.
- A separate notice board is placed for research activities where various reputed papers of faculties and students are pasted to motivation students and faculties for further participation.
- LIBRARIES IN COER
- Library Overview
- Library Hours
- E Resources
- Book Borrowing Facilities / Fine Policy
- BOOK BANK FACILITY / ADDITIONAL FACILITY TO MERITORIOUS
- Other Library Facilities
- Searching the OPAC
- Institutional Knowledge Resources
- LIBRARY SECTIONS
- Library Rules
- Photo Gallery
- CONTACT DETAIL
|LIBRARY||FOR THE STUDENTS|
|DEPARTMENTAL LIBRARY||Available in all departments|
|HOSTEL LIBRARY||Available in all hostels|
|SPIRITUAL LIBRARY||Available in Sant Nivas|
|No.of National Journals/Magazines||131|
|No. of E-Journals||4118|
|No. of Multimedia PC’s||10|
|No. of Newspapers procuring regularly||11 titles|
|Monday - Friday|
|Normal Library hours||8:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Book Issue||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Library Recess||01:00 PM - 02:00 PM|
|Book Return Timing||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Book Issue||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
|Book Return Timing||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
Some important links to browse in COER Library
Book Borrowing Facilities
|Category of Member||No. of books borrowed /issued||Issue period|
|Students||04 books||15 Days|
|Topper||06 Books||15 Days|
|University Merit||08 Books||15 Days|
|University Topper||12 Books||15 Days|
|M.Tech||06 Books||30 Days|
|Faculty Member||06 Books||30 Days|
Books are issued for the period of 15 days. After expiry of issuing period, you are supposed to return the books to the library. Failing which you will be charged with a fine at the rate of Rs.1/- per book per day for first 10 days after that you will be charged with a fine @ Rs 5/- per book per day after wards up to 100 days.
BOOK BANK FACILITY .
- Book bank facility is an additional facility, interested students may get issued 03 books for a semester by paying just Rs 60/- per book.Books for book bank may be select as per list of library.Book bank facility will be on the basis of first come first get.
- 2 Additional Books issued for top 10 ten toppers of each branch.
- 4 Additional books issued to University Merit.
- 8 Additional books issued to University Topper.
ISSUING OF IDENTITY CUM LIBRARY CARDCOER Library bears the responsibility of issuing the library cum identity card to all COERIANs.
XEROXING AND PRINTING FACILITY
- Scanning/Xeroxing certain/pages from Reference materials.
- Xeroxing facility in Library @ Rs. 1/- per copy and printing facility @Rs 2/- per copy
- Question Bank Facility -Question papers in the form of digital is available at www.coer.ac.in/library
BOOK SEARCH FACILITY (DETAILS ARE PASTED FOR OPAC)search a book online in many ways by selecting different fields in Software :
- By it’s Title
- By it’s Subject
- By it’s Author/Authors
- By it’s Publisher
- By it’s Accession Number
SUGGESTION OF NEW BOOKSStudents can recommend new books or extra copies of existing title for procurement of books in library, but all such books will be procured after through consultation with the concern faculty/HsOD.
OVERNIGHT BOOK ISSUE FACILITY
- Book may be Issued from reference section for overnight only. During 4.00-5.00 pm and return it next day.
ENTRY OF USERS THROUGH BAR CODE
- Users attendance (entry /exit) by scanning their I. card.
Searching the OPAC Click here Library>Search>Result
Faculty Research Publications Expert Lecture Notes Ph.D. Thesis of COER Faculty Members
- Reading Section
- General Book Section
- Reference Section
- Periodical Section
- E-Library /Digital Library Section
- NPTEL Section
- Circulation Section
Rules & Regulations for the Library Users
- Students are required to scan/show their ID card while entering in library. In case the member does not possess his/her identity card, he/she will not be allowed to enter the library.
- Identity cards cum library cards are non-transferable. Use of other’s library card is a punishable offence.
- Personal belongings like bags may be deposited at property counter but do not leave any precious items at property counter.
- Normal Library hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Circulation timings are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm only.
- Reference books will be issued only for overnight on library card as a special cases with prior permission of Librarian/Asst. Librarian between 4:30 to 5:00 pm. Deposition of the reference book should be made positively on the next day up to 10:00 am. The user who doesn’t deposit the reference book in time will be treated as defaulter and overnight issue of reference book will not be made to him in future.
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves about the condition of the books before borrowing: they shall be held responsible for any damage or mutilations noticed at the time of return.
- Leaving circulation counter without ensuring the books(s) have been returned is a punishable act and fine will be charged, even if book is traced later on.
- No book will renewed/re-issued on same day.
- If a book is already issued to a student, another copy of the same book cannot be issued.
- The latest edition of book will only be accepted in replacement of a lost/damaged book along with fine. The maximum fine imposed will be three times the cost of latest edition of the book.
- Tearing of books, magazines, periodicals, Misplacing, Marking is punishable offence. Any user caught for such offence would be fined Rs. 1000/- and may even lead to withdrawal of library facility to him.
- If any student is caught stealing from the library, a fine of Rs. 2000/- will be imposed. Addition suitable disciplinary action also will be taken.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against Library users found misbehaving with the library staff.
- The loss of an Identity card /Library membership card should be immediately informed to the librarian in writing.
- Library users must ensure that their activities do not disturb the fellow users.
- Talking, chatting & using mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the library area. Please ensure that mobile is in silent mode.
- Please ensure that your seating posture in the library is proper. Do not spread your legs to another chair/table.
- All students must be in college uniform, while using the library facilities.
- Gossip, food and beverage & using mobile phone strictly prohibited.
- Hemant Katiyar
- Chief Librarian
- College of Engineering Roorkee (COER)
- 7th km Haridwar Road Vardhmaan Puram
- Roorkee-247667 UTTARAKHAND
- Ph: 9027916033,9411775975