COER Library at a glance
The Library is completely computerized and uses bar coding system with the help of SIM software .COER library contains a rich collection of 38000 books. (Text Books & Reference) 108 Print Journals, 11 Magazines & Daily 12 titles of News papers, Employment oriented Newspapers, more than 1 Lakh e-books, and approximately 4500 peer-reviewed journals. Rich collection of Dictionaries, Encyclopedias Project Reports, Syllabi, Research Papers/ Conference, COER publications, Many rare books ,Books for competitive exams i.e. Apptitute,GATE,GRE, MadeEasy,TOFEL, Personality Development and Question papers of Technical University of previous years in the form of digital and bound form are available for easy access too.
COER library is member of Springer, DELNET & J-Gate for access e-journals
COER Library has an Audio-Visual section with LCD screen and a projector along with more than 1800 CDs, DVDs etc. in related professional areas of growth & development. The collection of E-books and NPTEL lectures are also available.
The College Library is one among the leading libraries of Uttarakhand,It is technologically equipped to offer students the scope to update themselves. Library Membership is compulsory and open access facilities are available. Library is under CCTV Surveillance.
|Monday - Friday|
|Book Issue||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Library Recess||01:00 PM - 02:00 PM|
|Book Return Timing||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Book Issue||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
|Book Return Timing||10:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
Some important links to browse in COER Library
Rules & Regulations for the Library Users
- Students are required to scan/show their ID card while entering in library. In case the member does not possess his/her identity card, he/she will not be allowed to enter the library.
- Identity cards cum library cards are non-transferable. Use of other’s library card is a punishable offence.
- Personal belongings like bags may be deposited at property counter but do not leave any precious items at property counter.
- Normal Library hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Circulation timings are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm only.
- Library borrowing facility :
For students - 04 books for 15 days
The toppers of their respective classes - 06 books for 15 days
University merits – 08 books for 15 days
University toppers – 12 books for 15 days
M.Tech. -06 books for 31 days
Faculty -06 books for 31 days
Fine: After expiry of issuing period, students are supposed to return the books to COER library. Failing which they will be charged fine at the rate of Rs.1/- per book per day for first 10 days, there after at the rate of Rs.5/- per book per day.
For faculty members fine for not returning books on due date will be Rs 10/- per book per day.
- Reference books will be issued only for overnight on library card as a special cases with prior permission of Librarian/Asst. Librarian between 4:30 to 5:00 pm. Deposition of the reference book should be made positively on the next day up to 10:00 am. The user who doesn’t deposit the reference book in time will be treated as defaulter and overnight issue of reference book will not be made to him in future.
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves about the condition of the books before borrowing: they shall be held responsible for any damage or mutilations noticed at the time of return.
- Leaving circulation counter without ensuring the books(s) have been returned is a punishable act and fine will be charged, even if book is traced later on.
- No book will renewed/re-issued on same day.
- If a book is already issued to a student, another copy of the same book cannot be issued.
- The latest edition of book will only be accepted in replacement of a lost/damaged book along with fine. The maximum fine imposed will be three times the cost of latest edition of the book.
- Tearing of books, magazines, periodicals, Misplacing, Marking is punishable offence. Any user caught for such offence would be fined Rs. 1000/- and may even lead to withdrawal of library facility to him.
- If any student is caught stealing from the library, a fine of Rs. 2000/- will be imposed. Addition suitable disciplinary action also will be taken.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against Library users found misbehaving with the library staff.
- The loss of an Identity card /Library membership card should be immediately informed to the librarian in writing.
- Library users must ensure that their activities do not disturb the fellow users.
- Talking, chatting & using mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the library area. Please ensure that mobile is in silent mode.
- Please ensure that your seating posture in the library is proper. Do not spread your legs to another chair/table.
- All students must be in college uniform, while using the library facilities.
- Gossip, food and beverage & using mobile phone strictly prohibited.
- For the students - 04 books for 15 days
- COER Topper - 06 books for 15 days
- University Merit - 08 books for 15 days
- University Topper - 12 books for 15 days
- M.Tech. - 06 books for 30 days
- Faculty - 06 books for 30 days
Additional book facility
Additional books for meritorious students (Top ten /branch)
Overnight issue facility
Reference books/periodicals may be issued overnight.
Book bank facility
This facility provides academic support to the students by enabling them to get information on core subjects from the college itself, As per the provision, every student gets three books in each semester which he/she return at the end of the semester and then get the same number of books for the next semester as per the membership of the scheme.
Students are allowed to give recommendations /suggestions of new books relevant to the courses they pursue.
Xeroxing and Printing Facility available on a very nominal charge
Issuing of Identity cum Library card