The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established to meet the growing requirement of engineers in Electrical and Electronics disciplines. Since its commencement, the primary objective of the departments has been to impart quality education, training and research in various areas of Electrical engineering. The department endeavour to produce confident professionals tuned to real time working environment. The department offers excellent academic environment with a team of highly qualified faculty members to inspire the students to develop their technical skills and inculcate the spirit of team work in them. The strength of the department is highly motivated students who understand the dynamics of the industry and hone their skills accordingly.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To produce globally competent Electrical Engineers with high human values and highest qualities for the benefit of society and economic growth of the country.
- To undertake collaborative projects with the aim of getting opportunities for long-term Interaction with industry.
- To establish center of Excellence in the area of “Smart renewable Energy System.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To impart teaching of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with emphasis on recent advancements duly supported by Project Based Learning (PBL).
- To encourage students to undertake research and real time projects in emerging areas of Smart Grid, IOT and Machine Learning (ML).
- To encourage students to pursue online certification courses for value addition.
- To encourage students to acquire knowledge through internship in India and abroad in emerging areas.
- To produce electrical engineers with various specializations who are employable in public and private industries /institutes /organizations or desire to pursue higher education.
- To prepare graduates who have the ability to identify and address current and future problems in the domain of power systems, power electronics and electrical machines.
- To inculcate research attitude and lifelong learning among graduates.
- B. Tech : 4 Years UG Course in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech (LE): 3 Years UG Course in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Lateral Entry)
- Diploma in Engineering : 3 Years Diploma Course in Electrical Engineering.
- Diploma in Engineering(LE): 2 Years Diploma Course in Electrical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
Program Outcomes (POs)
PO-1 Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO-2 Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO-3 Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO-4 Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO-5 Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO-6 The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO-7 Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO-8 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO-9 Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO-10 Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO-11 Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO-12 Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1 To train the students by providing an education, not just engineering training, by developing life-long skills, so that they can work and contribute to the infrastructure development projects being undertaken by Govt. and private or any other sector companies.
PEO2 To train students in such as a way that they can pursue higher studies so that they can contribute to the teaching profession/ research and development of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and other allied fields and should function effectively in the multicultural and multidisciplinary groups for the sustainable development.
PEO3 Maintaining a culture that promotes excellence and that allows students, staff, and faculty to excel in their endeavors and enrich the experience of students by cooperating with and assisting them in the realization of their educational goals especially as these involve their life-long learning and career development.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO-1 The Graduates of this Program with proficiency in mathematics and physical sciences will excel in the core areas of Electrical and Electronics engineering such as Electrical Machines and drives , Power system, Control System and instrumentation, Networks and measurements , Energy and environment, VLSI, Communication, Electronic devices etc.
PSO-2 The graduates will be Able to provide socially acceptable technical solutions to complex electrical engineering problems with the application of modern and appropriate techniques for sustainable development.
PSO-3 Able to apply the knowledge of ethical and management principles required to work in a team as well as to lead a team.