Committees & Clubs
- Literary Committee (Abhyudaya)
- LINGUISTIC COMMITTEE
- Sports Activities
- Spic Macay
- ECO Club
- COER AERO Club
- Karuna Club
- SAE-COER COLLEGIATE CLUB
- Any faculty member working in COER with enough experience of guiding and motivating the students and interest in literary activities shall be recommended as convener and co-convener by the Director/ Director General.
- The Convener shall take overall responsibility of the committee.
- The Convener of The Literary Committee shall invite applications at the time of commencement of the session from the interested students enrolled in COER.
- The Convener of The Literary Committee shall organize interviews of such students for selection as members.
- Maximum 25 students of current semester can be selected as member of The Literary Committee.
- Student Volunteers enrolled in COER may be selected to organize any event, if needed.
- The membership of the student will be on annual basis and shall terminate with end of the session.
- Convener shall be responsible for organizing events (with the help of student members) and declaration of results.
- Convener will constitute the groups of student members for publication of MUCUR- the annual college magazine to take associated responsibility.
- Convener will get essential inputs from the Director/Director General and give proper feedback/progress report of all the activities and events organized with his/her permission in campus.
- To develop confidence in speaking which can further develop confidence and desire to participate in all academic classes.
- To develop excellent oral- written communication and presentation skills.
- To sharpen the logical and critical thinking skills.
- To prepare students to think spontaneously and to eliminate fears of public speaking.
- To produce efficient communicators for the society.
- To promote and encourage literary and debating activities among the students.
- To develop and improve positive habits like reading and analyzing.
- To unveil the writing skills of technical students, to awaken the imagination and creative thinking in the them.
- To make students think over the topics of social and political relevance and be assertive about their take on different aspects of world through
- To develop their logical reasoning, listening, enduring powers, expressing and sharing, dealing with oppositions and finding a consensus through the Group Discussion.
- To organize literary and debating events, and encourage participation in various events outside the campus.
- To develop organizational and persuasive skills in students.
- To organize events like-
- To organize any other event, if authorized by the Director/ Director General/ Vice-Chancellor and such event shall be taken as activity under literary and debating event.
|KAVI SAMMELAN||ROUND- 1 12TH SEPT, 2018 (WEDNESDAY)||RICHA SHARMA (CS, 1ST Yr.)|
|ROUND-2 14TH SEPT, 2018 (FRIDAY)||PARIJAT TRIPATHI (EN, 3RD Yr.)|
|AMISH KUMAR (CE, 3RD Yr.)|
|ENGLISH APTITUDE TEST||5TH OCT.,2018 (FRIDAY)||SHIVAM KUMAR (IT, 1ST Yr.)|
|NANDITA KOTHARI (CS, 4TH Yr.)|
|DANISH (CE, 1ST Yr.)|
|KAHAANI LIKHO PRATIYOGITA||5TH OCT., 2018 (FRIDAY)||RISHABH KUMAR (CS, 1ST Yr.)|
|RICHA SHARMA (CS, 1ST Yr.)|
|ALOK KUMAR (ME, 1ST Yr.)|
|GROUP DISCUSSION||29TH OCT., 2018 (MONDAY)||AKSHAY CHILWAL (ME, 3RD Yr.)|
|ANUPRIYA (EN, 3RD Yr.)|
|JANMEJAI SHARMA (ME, 3RD Yr.) NIKHIL MAINALI (CS, 3RD Yr.)|
|DEBATE||29TH OCT., 2018 (MONDAY)||ANUPRIYA (EN, 3RD Yr.)|
|AKSHAY CHILWAL (ME, 3RD Yr.)|
|NIKHIL MAINALI (CS, 3RD Yr.)|
|MERA NAZARIYA MERA KHAYAL||22ND FEB., 2019 (FRIDAY)||PULKIT TIWARI (CS, 2ND Yr.)|
|PRAKHAR MITTAL (CS, 2ND Yr.)|
|POOJA DHIMAN (CS, 1ST Yr.)|
|INDIA AWARENESS QUIZ (I.A.Q)||ROUND-1 22ND FEB., 2019 (FRIDAY)||YOGESH JOSHI (ME, 4TH Yr.)|
|ROUND-2 26TH FEB.,2019 (TUESDAY)||RICHA SHARMA (CS, 1ST Yr.)|
|LAKSHYA KANDPAL (CS, 2ND Yr.)|
DISHA-The TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
The technical committee, christened ‘Disha‘ came into being, entrusted with the task of providing a stable platform to the young COERians to provide a tangible shape to their ideas. Disha officially came into force during the session 2004-05. Disha is entrusted with the responsibility of organizing Manthan, the Annual Inter College Techno-Management Fest of our college and a number of competitions catering to the aptitude and taste of almost every student.The Technical Committee of the college is continuously associated with organizing different technical events throughout the year for the benefit of the students. Through its numerous competitions ‘Disha’ made an earnest endeavor to draw out the hidden skills of COERians, be it in displaying their expertise in quizzing or their aptitude for brush and palette or their appetite for science fiction. Presently there are 27 student members in the committee. Dr. Kamal Kapoor, Asst. Professor, Physics Department is the Convener of Disha.
Manthan- The Inter College Techno-Management Fest
The word ‘Manthan’ itself speaks volumes. The proverbial ‘SAMUDRA MANTHAN’ yielded the elixir upon the churning of sea, leaving venom behind. Manthan is an attempt to draw out the finest skills, crème – de – la – crème talents, the matchless potentials from the enthusiastic COERians. Manthan, the Annual Inter College Techno Management Festival of College of Engineering Roorkee is a unique forum where the young minds get an opportunity to experience and interact with science and technology and management in all its myriad forms.It aims to provide a welcome change from the treadmill of rote learning and above all fairly groom students to accept similar changes when they actually step into the world of professionalism. A cradle for new and grand ideas, it is ever-evolving and diversifying to act as catalyst for instilling the passion for technology and the zeal to turn abstract ideas into concrete realities. Manthan embroils with itself a number of technical and Management events to fulfill the aim it has marked, the various technical and management events can be categorized as:GIGABIT, CODEX, PIONEER, BLITZKRIEG, KURUKSHETRA, PRAYOG, KOUIZ, UDBHAVA, ROBOSYNC, SHAURYA, SERIO-GEEK, BRIDGE IT, CAD CONTEST
Aakriti: The Clay Modelling Event
Aakriti, the clay modeling event which is anticipated with the huge participation of above 180 teams, as it is one of the mass appeasing fun-filled event organized by Disha, The Technical committee. The models are based on predefined themes such as Entertainment, Aliens vs Humans, War of Smart phones, India emerging as a sports power, India- a democratic country with no democratic values, etc. The teams presents their zeal, ingenuity, creativity and perception of the themes through clay, bamboo sticks and pebbles. The event shoots a wide success as a part of the ‘Disha’ legacy.
Compendio: The Collage Making Contest and COER APTITUDE TEST (C.A.T)
Compendio, COER’s very own version of the collage making, is a feather on the hat of success of the Technical committee. With over 200 team registrations, Compendio shoots the brain flexing challenge of designing a collage using two newspapers, which is meticulously accomplished through the acumen of the winning teams.The COER version of C.A.T. is held in the campus which is based on written questionnaire consisting of general aptitude, verbal, reasoning and quantitative questions. The paper set is different for first, second and third year respectively.
Engineer’s Day Celebration
On the occasion of Vishwakarma Divas Disha, The Technical Committee of COER celebrates Engineer’s day marked by the birthday of our honorable Chairman Mr. J. C. Jain.The celebration includes an exhibition of models portraying the fine creativity of COERians. The models includes that of Aakriti, the clay modeling competition; Compendio, the collage making; models made by The Robotics & Innovation Club and COER chapter of SAE India.With the noble words of respected Chairman Shri J. C. Jain, Trustee Mr. Shriyansh Jain and director general, the Engineer’s day of COER fuels the technical committee to correspond and function even better for its upcoming workshops and other endeavors.
Oorja, the Cultural Committee of College of Engineering Roorkee organizes various cultural events during the academic year, is maintaining the norms of Indian tradition and culture as well touching global diversities.
These events are organized keeping in view the students, faculty and management's collective interests of talent. OORJA proves its metal by scintillating the COER aura with the wonderful events and thrilling performances and we hope to continue this legacy of culture in the upcoming sessions too.
During the organization of events, the members of committee avail opportunities of displaying resource management and corporate management skills. The Committee is run under the efficient guidance of theConvener Mr. Akhil Dangwal,whereas Mr. Bhupal Arya is the Co-Convener and student convener of the committee is Shreeyansh Shrivastava.
- FRESHERS’ DAY:It is the day to welcome the fresh faces to the COER family. The amazing performances by students prove that our students are all-rounders, good in academics as well as curricular activities.Immediately after the start of the academic year, freshers start dreaming about Freshers’ Day, which is celebrated every year in College. The very purpose of Freshers’ Day party, is to welcome newcomers in a friendly atmosphere and avoid social evils, to encourage their creative impulses to boost their confidence. Students eagerly look forward to this event at the beginning of every academic year. COER stage welcome freshers to showcase their talents and compete for the Mr. & Miss. Fresher's Crown.
- FOUNDATION DAY CELEBRATIONS:Each year 3rd of December marks the foundation day of COER, which is celebrated with full zest in the college; Oorja organizes the event each year.
- INDEPENDENCE/REPUBLIC DAY:The Celebration of Indian Independence on August 15 and Indian Republic on 26 January of every year are our special events.
- TEACHERS’ DAY:On 5th September we celebrate teachers’ day . The whole preparation and decoration is done by the cultural committee. The main purpose of doing this event is to give respect to our teachers who stand with us in every situation. Anyone who wants to show his or her talent can participate in the event. There are many performances like dance, singing, drama and speech etc. Some of them are organized by different dance and music groups of our college.
- GANDHI JAYANTI: In order to pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi & Lal Bahadur Shastri , devotional songs & speeches personifying the courage & sacrifices of these leaders are presented by the students during special programmes held in COER auditorium.
- DEEPSANDHYA: Each festival is celebrated with full enthusiasm at COER, and so is the festival of lights. DEEPSANDHYA bringslots of astonishing performances, followed by fire-cracker show for the COER students.
- ZION: It is 4 days annual cultural fest of the college. This fest comprises of formal as well as informal events. As suggested by the name, it brings great enthusiasm among COERians.It is conducted in mid-April. Formal events consist of Accoustica, the singing competition, Milan Street the fashion show, D-Vibes dance competition, Bucklolz standup comedy, Canvas painting competition, Director's cut, Cinemagic skit competition, Rock e dance band competition, Mr. and Miss Zion. The informal events are conducted side by side such as football, gully cricket, street battle etc. for the fun of the crowd present during the fest. There are 4 pro nights -Bhangra nights, DJ Night, Band Night and the most awaited Star night.
The Linguistic Committee aims at developing interpersonal and soft skills of the students. We are driven by the motive of personality development and enhancement of communication skills. We also help the students to prepare for the training and placement activities by having events like group discussions and debate.
Expressions: The Annual Lingustic Fest
Expressions is an annual fest conducted by the Linguistic Committee with the motive of enhancement of communication skills. Expressions gives each student a platform to develop confidence, gain knowledge and stimulate thinking. It also gives a golden opportunity of public speaking thus eliminating stage fear and improving speaking skills.
The Linguistic committee of College of Engineering Roorkee orgainzed annual Linguistic fest Expressions 2015 from 28 October to 30 October, 2015. A variety of formal and informal events were conducted this year under Expressions. Further, another formal event, SENATE, the parliamentary debate was introduced for the first time in Expressions’15.The event was well received by the participants and saw an overwhelming response from the COERians.
It is a group discussion event in which the participants are given a live based case study to discuss.Every participant gets 1 minute time to conclude after the discussion.The performance of the participants is gauged on various parameters like Leadership quality, knowledge of the topic, communication skills, etc.
This event is specially organised for first and second year students. It judges thelevel of Basic English among the COERians.
Expressions: Event & Winner Details
To be filled leaving empty for now
The sports department of College of Engineering Roorkee provides the students and staff a forum of recreation and a place for maintaining healthy habits. Games and sports contribute a lot in the development of the personality of an individual. For the development of sports culture, tournamnets and competitions are organmized under sports vaganza every year in the college. The main events of the "Vaganza" are inter departmental tournaments and inter-year tournament. COER regularly participates in the tournaments and friendly matches organized in and around Roorkee.
Sports Achievements of the COERians during 2009, 2010 and 2011
COER has been the winner of cricket trophy of Himalayan Institute of Medical Science. COER has also won the trophies of sports of various events of Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun. Various sports activities in this year, were organized at Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The award function was graced by the Vice- Chancellor, Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun.The COERians in a sweep were champions and won the trophies in Football, Basketball, Cricket, Badminton and Table Tennis.They also received runnersup trophy in Vollyball. COER also participatedin "Spardha-2010" organized by Pantnagar University during September- October 2010 and won Runners Trophy in Basketball, Cricket and Table Tennis. Coer was winner in badminton championship.
Spic Macay - (Society for Promotion of Indian Classical Music and Culture Amongst Youth) is an international organization whose aim is to resurrect interest of youth for Indian Culture & Classical Music. COER is a center for SPIC MACAY activities under IITR Chapter. SPIC has organized programs of many national & international fame artists in COER to make students aware of rich Indian arts heritage. SPIC MACAY COER has thrived and shall continue to do so in the near future to come, towards its motto – “Vision…Initiation…Innovation…” leaving no nook of its Indian culture being left behind, reflecting upon its “Great Past and A Glorious Future”. The saga started with three objectives—VISION, INITIATION ANDINNOVATION. SPIC MACAY is an affirmation of a priceless cultural heritage rooted in what is essentially Indian.
SERIES, BAITHAK, ESSAY WRITING EVENT
SERIES: SPIC MACAY COER has been working in updating students of their diverse culture by regularly displaying its ‘Series’ weekly, which includes ‘Saaz-e-Hind ‘(Instrument of the Month), ‘Jyoti’(Artist of the month)and ‘What We Think’ . BAITHAK A weekly group discussion session based on Indian culture is organized amongst its volunteers on Thursdays after regular classses. ESSAY WRITING EVENT All India Essay Writing Competition was conducted by Shri Ram Chandra Mission in collaboration with United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan at COER campus on the 3rd September, 2015.The topic was “It is not what we look at that matter, but what we see”. One student received zonal level certificate and three students got college level certificate.
LECTURE CUM DEMONSTRATION
LECTURE CUM DEMONSTRATION To give an essence of our prestigious Indian culture to today’s young minds, Padmashree Ranjana Gauhar ji gave a lecture-cum-demonstration on Odissi Dance on the 14th September, 2015 along with four other artists The students had a healthy interaction with the artists, giving them a new prospect towards the rich culture.
INTELLIGENTSIA, NUKKAD NAATAKA
INTELLIGENTSIA ‘Intelligentsia 2016 – Quest for your Identity’ on 17-18 Feb.2015 was organized . It was conducted in two rounds – The written ‘Questionnaire’ round and the ‘Audio-Visual’ round. NUKKAD NAATAKA with theme ‘Incredible India’ – a sarcasm to the present scenario of our Bimar Bharat was organized a on October 15th, 2015. The event was successfully carried out with high appraisal from COER
Faculty and Students.
Spic MACAY COER performed a Nukkad Natak in the college campus, near the parking area on 15 th September 2017. The topic for the Nukkad Natak was 'aaj ka raavan' (evils of today's society).The focus of the theme was about how, many factors often hamper the descision making capacity of today's people, and often try to shape their opinions in a way, they want them to perceive. The play focused on the factors, such as the societal pressure, peer pressure, in the minds of college going students that often forces the children not to hear, their own heart, , media which has become a new tool, to influence people, and the social media, making people focus more on their virtual Life, rather than their real lives. Theese factors are becoming more and more dangerous day by day, and thus becoming the new 'Raavan' of today's world.
The play was highly appreciated and enjoyed by the croud present there. Director Coer SM, Maj. Gen. OP Soni, faculty convenors of SPIC MACAY COER Mrs. Anuradha, Dr. PS Kulkarni and other faculty members were present at the event, and appreciated the theme, and presentation by the volunteers.
KIE POCHE, MUKHAUTA, ALANKAR
KIE POCHE: The Kite Flying Competition Kie Poche is the most awaited event of Spic Macay Coer. Kie Poche 2016 was scheduled on the 19th FebThe theme of the event was “Sanskritic Rangmanch” – Performing and Visual Arts of India. The aim of the theme was to acknowledge every one of the wide cultural heritage of all the Indian states. The kite flying event had a total registration of 40 teams (consisting of two members each). MUKHAUTA: The Mask Making CompetitionThe event ‘Mukhauta’ was held on Feb. 17th, 2016.. A total of ten students’ team participated in the traditional art competition. The themes were True Gamer, Level God,Against Society’s Hypocrisy,Carnivals and Festivals.
ECO CLUB: A Mission Towards Sustainable Engineering
VISION: PROMOTING STUDENT COMMUNITY TO BE A PART OF SOLUTION NOT POLLUTION.“Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries.” Eco-Club, College Of Engineering Roorkee was established in 2009, under the supervision of Dr. Romesh Kumar Sharma. The club was formed with the aim of making the students aware of environmental issues and their duties towards the nature.Eco-club is a group of like-minded people and we focus on generating interest about resource conservation, sustainable development and other environmental issues among the student community.
Artificial bird nests
ECO CLUB ran a campaign in the COER campus to install artificial bird nests all over the campus to make it more environments friendly.
The club carried out a Dustbin Drive with the object of having a ‘green campus – clean campus. The club has been organizing several events in the campus since last 5 years. The aim of conducting these events is to make the students aware of their duties towards the nature. The club celebrates various environment related days in the college.
Ganga Cleaning Mission
The club played a prominent role in the Ganga Cleaning Mission in the years 2010, 2013 ,2014 and 2015.
The club organizes its annual festival HARITIMA with the aim to involve students in real time solution to environmental issues. Cleanliness drive in the surrounding areas of the college
Conducts a Workshop by PETA(People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals)- India annually.
Conducts NATURATHON- A Nature themed Marathon event.
COER AERO CLUB (CAC)
COER AERO CLUB (CAC) is an aviation club of COER. It works in the field of design and aviation by making Remote Controlled (RC) planes and multirotors etc. The club was formed by student of batch 2011-15, Mr. Varun Joshi (ME Branch) with the help of Mr. Varun Pratap Singh, Assistant Professor (ME Branch) in 2015. Mr. Varun Pratap Singh Assistant Professor (ME Branch) is convener of the club and Karan Pratap Singh (EN-IV) is a student coordinator of Club. The main Object of this club is enhancing the students towards the aviation science and provides them well knowledge about RC planes, Multirotors & Gliders etc.The club members have participated in many competition and workshops like IIT Roorkee Techfest, IIT Kanpur Techfest, IIT Kharagpur Techfest and BOEING Workshop in last 3 years and Varun Joshi (ME-branch) (2011-15 batch) got 1st position in RC flying competition in IIT Roorkee Techfest in 2015.Now the Club is enhancing the students towards the aviation science and new technology of it. The major annual events of club are to conduct workshop on making Gliders and RC planes with integration of renowned clubs and institutes of this field. CAC having standardized lecture series, tutorials and formats of training for new comers, where students can groom their thoughts for aviation by making RC plans and Drons. CAC also having focused in the field of R&D activity to find out the gap for further work so our team members can make major projects for either industry or R&D institutions. CAC is also planning to run the Joint training program with other academic and research institution by collaborating with one or two renowned national clubs. The vision of club is that, in future club will work in the field of research by making major project which can use by defense and other industries, who are looking for their RC plane/ Dron solution (like RC Plane which can lift 2.5 kg weight ffor30 minutes, RC plane for topographic survey and RC plane for construction activities) and start research publication.
Karuna International is a registered nonprofit service organization working to inculcate and develop human values in young students. It is proud to announce that Karuna Club ,COER Roorkee, is the first club in Uttarakhand. It aims to promotes Compassion, Kindness, Love and Respect for all the living beings and environment. It also promotes Animal Welfare, Vegetarianism and Human Values among the Student Community. The Karuna values that we inculcate in students are: Universal brotherhood (Maitry), Respect for virtuous people (Pramod), Compassion (Karuna) , Respect for all religions (Madhyastha Bhav).
Karuna Club organized the following activities:
Inauguration ceremony of Karuna Club was held in the esteemed campus of COER on the 65th Republic day i.e. 26-01-2014. Mr. Bharat Parihar, the representative of Karuna International, Chennai conducted the Oath Ceremony. The following members have taken the Oath.Mrs. Sunita Jain - Chief PatronMrs. Charu Jain - PatronDr. V.K. Jain - PresidentDr. Karuna Jain - SecretoryDr. Sidharth Jain - Joint SecretoryDr. Ravindra Saini- TreasurerDr. Vishal singhal-Special Committee member2. Workshop on Vegetarianism and Non vegetarianism: Is Your choice for the Students of College of Engineering Roorkee on 27 January, 2014. Mr Bharat Parihar dealt the salient features of vegetarianism with the recent facts about the no. of slaughter houses and how the total no. of animal's death has increased since 20th century.3. A training programme on Stress Management for the Students and Faculty members has been conducted in the College of Engineering Roorkee on Thursday , March 6, 2014. A power point presentation was made by Mr. Ankur Mehta Faculty at Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidhalaya Haridwar and associated with International cell, Shantikunj and Mr. Ashish Singh working with AWGP at Shantikunj Haridwar.4. An Industrial visit was organized on Friday , March 14, 2014 to Shanti Kunj , Haridwar , Students and Faculty Members learnt how efficiently cow dung and its urine can be utilized for medicinal purpose and the techniques of Waste Management .
|Name||Designation||Role||Address||Contact no.||Email ID|
|Thomas Mathew||Asst. Professor (Mech.Engg.)||Chief faculty coordinator||Deptt. of Mech. Engineering, COERfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anuradha Singh||Asst. Professor (Electrical Engg.)||Faculty coordinator||Deptt. of Electrical Engineering, COERemail@example.com|
|Bhawesh Prajapati||Coordinator||Organizing event||Roorkee||+918602103970 +917533883988||Bhawesh07860@gmail.com|
|Suraj Sati||Co-coordinator||Organizing event||Joshimath||+918193986891||Surajsati02@gmail.com|
|Abuzar||Captain||Leading event team||Muzaffarnagarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bhawesh Prajapati||Driver 1||Responsible for vehicle operation||Roorkee||+918602103970 +917533883988||Bhawesh07860@gmail.com|
|Adarsh Tyagi||Driver 2||Responsible for vehicle operation||Roorkeeemail@example.com|